Thursday, January 2, 2014

Hungarian Fried Potatoes

This is another recipe that transported me to my childhood. My father used to make the best fried potatoes ever and I remember eating them often. It is so easy and fast to make. My daughter even told me that I should make it more often because she likes it. It is good with pickles or sauerkraut.

Ingredients:
  • 1 onion, finelly chopped
  • 2 T rendered bacon fat (or oil)
  • 4 medium potatoes, sliced or diced
  • 2 tsp. paprika
  • salt to taste
  • 1/2 cup water
  • dash of pepper
  • 1 cup or more Kielbasa (optional)
In a large frying pan, brown onion in the bacon fat. Add kielbasa, potatoes, 1 tsp of paprika, and salt. Cover tightly; cook over medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat, add water. pepper, and remaining paprika. Cover and cook for 10 minutes longer or until potaoes are tender. Serves 4

No comments:

Post a Comment