Friday, May 28, 2010

Deluxe Potato Casserole

This is another crock-pot recipe that I like a lot. I made it a few times and it turned out pretty delicious. It is a great recipe when I am not up to cooking something with meat. My little 15 month old boy thought that it was heaven on Earth; he ate so much of it. :D

Ingredients
1 can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup

1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream

1/4 cup chopped onion

1/4 cup (1/2 stick) plus 3 tablespoons melted butter, divided

1 teaspoon salt

2 pounds potatoes, peeled and chopped

2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese

1 1/2 to 2 cups stuffing mix

Directions
Combine soup, sour cream, onion, 1/4 cup butter and salt in small bowl.
Combine potatoes and cheese in CROCK-POT® slow cooker. Pour soup mixture over potato mixture; mix well.
Sprinkle stuffing mix over potato mixture; drizzle with remaining 3 tablespoons butter. Cover; cook on LOW 8 to 10 hours or on HIGH 5 to 6 hours, or until potatoes are tender.
Makes 8 to 10 servings

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like the sort of thing I'd never be able to get my fill of!

    ReplyDelete