Saturday, February 27, 2010

Boy Birthday Cakes

My adorable little boy turned 1 year old. He has been such a blessing and joy in our lives and my heart is filled with gratitude for my family. For his birth-day party I decided to make this train cake just because it seemed easier to just give him a train cart to eat than just a piece of cake. I always wanted to give my kids a whole cake and this seemed close enough to it. With my daughter I didn't do it because I cared about her staying clean for the whole occasion. LOL Instead of one cake, he got 2; just because I messed up with the first batch, but I had to save it nevertheless. So the car cake was made out of the messed up cake and it turned out to work just perfect with the candle on it.

so because I do not know how to do the here link that just leads you to the site, I will do this instead:


The train cake:


http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/train-cake/5685f320-1e5c-4ebb-b2cd-1ab73633b016


The car cake:


http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/off-the-road-car-cake/bbd0a1b6-a82e-4dd7-b657-faa53eaaa7e7


I didn't use the Betty crocker cakes because the Pillsbury ones were for 88 cents. LOL They turned out pretty yummy and it was actually really easy to make. They have other cool cake recipes if you want to try out a different one.


Happy Birth_day dear Adam!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh that is so cool! You did a great job. And happy birthday to your adorable little Adam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cake!I will do it for Madalina's birthday:)

    ReplyDelete