Sunday, October 11, 2009

Three Bean Turkey Chili

I never made Chili before, but I always wanted to make some. I have quite a bit of ground turkey and I didn't know what to make with it. I found this recipe in a Crock-Pot recipe book and it didn't seem as hard to make. I gave it a try this Sunday and I think it turned out pretty good. I thought that it was a little dry, but as I was eating it it was just perfect. I made some cornbread to go with it. I decided to use the Crock-Pot recipe book more often because I just have to through in the ingredients and it takes care of itself. LOL You could probably try this out with ground beef if you wanted.
INGREDIENTS:
1 pound ground turkey
1 small onion, chopped
1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1 can (15 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
1 can (4 ounces) diced mild green chiles
1 to 2 tablespoons chili powder

DIRECTIONS:
1. Cook and stir turkey and onion in medium skillet over medium-high heat until turkey is no longer pink. Drain fat. Place turkey mixture into slow cooker.
2. Add remaining ingredients; mix well. Cover; cook on HIGH 6 to 8 hours.

3 comments:

  1. mmm, i'm such a huge fan of chili, this looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the perfect season for making chili. Glad you took the leap and made your first pot-It only gets better from here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this looks great--i'm always wanting to make things with ground turkey but usually don't have it on hand! love this FOOD blog!

    ReplyDelete