Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Thai Chicken in Crock-Pot


I made this recipe today and I am really pleased with it. It is definitely a keeper. I was on a body cleansing thing called Isagenix for the past 9 days and the food I was allowed to eat was limited so I was looking forward to make some good and healthy dinner that I can enjoy after I finished my cleansing days. I really loved this program and I feel a lot healthier. It is a program that cleans your body from toxins and gives you more energy. I also had some facial skin improvements and nail improvements. Above all of this I also lost 6 pounds in only nine days. I definitely want to do this again and if anyone wants to learn more about this just check out this website. http://www.seanescobar.com/


Back to my cooking, I cooked the chicken for 3 hours because it was done so fast although my chicken was a little frozen. I didn't add peanuts or cilantro because I did not have any, but it turned out pretty good. I also added medium salsa because I was afraid that it might be too spicy for children.

Prep time: 10-15 minutes

INGREDIENTS:

1/2 pounds chicken pieces


1 Cup hot salsa


1/4 Cup peanut butter


2 Tbsp. lime juice


1 Tbsp. Soy sauce


Hot cooked rice


1/2 cup peanuts, chopped


2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro

DIRECTIONS:

  1. Place chicken in crock pot slow cooker. Combine salsa, peanut butter, lime juice, soy sauce, and ginger; pour over chicken.


  2. Cover; cook on low 8-9 hours or on high 3-4 hours, or until done


  3. Serve chicken and sauce over rice; sprinkle with peanut and cilantro

1 comment:

  1. oh wow, this really looks good, we'll be trying it soon!

    ReplyDelete