Monday, September 28, 2009

Bat Wing Soup


With the beginning of fall my desire to cook increases. There are so many good recipes out there that I want to try and every year I try new ones as well as some of the old ones that I absolutely love. :D I ordered a magazine from allrecipes a few years ago and there is where I get my inspiration. This recipe could also be found on their website. i made this soup tonight and it turned out pretty good. The picture is not my own; I was too lazy to upload it on the computer, so I used one from the web. Everyone who had this soup liked it, so you might want to try it out; it is very easy to make. Enjoy it. :D
PREP TIME :10 Min
COOK TIME :15 Min
READY IN :25 Min
Servings:6

INGREDIENTS
4 cloves garlic, peeled
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
4 (14.5 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
1/2 cup whipping cream
6 slices bread, crust removed
2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
2 teaspoons Italian seasoning

DIRECTIONS
In a saucepan, saute garlic in oil until tender. In a blender or food processor, process garlic and tomatoes in batches until smooth. Return all to the pan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Add cream and heat through.
Follow directions to cut bat wings from bread.(To make bat wings, remove crusts from bread. Flatten with a rolling pin. Using a kitchen shears, cut each slice in half diagonally, cutting wavy lines to resemble bat wings.)
Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Spread with butter; sprinkle with Italian seasoning. Bake at 400 degrees F for 5-8 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Add two wings to each bowl of soup. Serve immediately.
FOOTNOTE
To make bat wings, remove crusts from bread. Flatten with a rolling pin. Using kitchen shears cut each slice in half diagonally, cutting wavy lines to resemble bat wings

No comments:

Post a Comment