Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Molasses Crinkles


If you have molasses and have no clue what to do with it, here is a great recipe from my mother in law. I made them for FHE last night and they turned out pretty good. Hope you will enjoy it too. :D

INGREDIENTS:
3/4 cup shortening
1 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1/4 cup molasses
2 1/4 cup shifted flour
2 tsp soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp cloves
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ginger

Mix shortening, sugar, egg, and molasses. Sift dry ingredients, then mix all together; chill dough.
Roll dough into walnut size balls, dip tops with sugar and place on sprayed cookie sheet. Sprinkle with 2 or drops of water for cracked surface. Bake 10-12 min at 375*

2 comments:

  1. I love molasses these cookies sound delish. Can't wait to try thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by and letting know you tried my Chicken and Rice soup. I am always grateful for feedback to my recipes. I love molasses cookies, so this recipe will be made soon!! Thanks again, Gina

    ReplyDelete