Sunday, February 1, 2009

Mini Corn Dogs

I made this recipe once and I covered it with a kitchen towel and it made them stay soft. I refrigerated the remaining corn dogs and they were dream like even the next day. I made the sauce, but was not impressed by it and actually did not use it at all. If you really want to try the sauce out you can half it.

PREP TIME 20 Min
COOK TIME 10 Min
READY IN 30 Min
Original recipe yield 24 pieces


INGREDIENTS
1-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cups cornmeal
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons cold butter
1 tablespoon shortening
1 egg
3/4 cup milk
24 miniature hot dogs

HONEY MUSTARD SAUCE
1/3 cup honey
1/3 cup prepared mustard
1 tablespoon molasses

In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Cut in butter and shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Beat egg and milk; stir into dry ingredients until a soft dough forms.
Turn unto a lightly floured surface; knead 6-8 times or until smooth. Roll out to 1/4 inch biscuit cutter. Fold each dough circle over a hot dog and press edges to seal (dough will be sticky). Place on greased baking sheets.
Bake at 450 F for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Combine sauce ingredients in a small bowl; mix well. Serve with the corn dogs. Yield: 2 dozen.

1 comment:

  1. Eniko! I'm so excited that you started a food blog!
    Those Stuffed Shells were really good! Emi took them to work and let everyone try some and now I have so many people asking me for the recipe.
    I'm really looking forward to seeing all the recipes you put on here!

    ReplyDelete