I want to try this recipe out for my family; they love cheese. :D
- 1 (24 ounce) jar Prego® Veggie Smart® Chunky & Savory Italian Sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/4 cups part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach or arugula, coarsely chopped
- 3 cups trumpet-shaped pasta (campanelle), cooked and drained
- Stir the sauce and water in a medium bowl. Stir the ricotta cheese, 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, egg and spinach in a medium bowl.
- Layer 1 cup sauce mixture, half the pasta and half the cheese mixture in a 12-inch skillet. Repeat the layers. Top with the remaining sauce mixture and the remaining Parmesan cheese. Cover the skillet.
- Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes or until the mixture is hot.